I studied Latin throughout my secondary education and for two years at Bordeaux University, France, in addition to my degree in English/Spanish. I also have established a Latin extra-curricular GCSE course, which has been running successfully for 19 years. Also currently teaching and tutoring at the University of Sussex.
It has always been one of my favourite subjects: a bit of a challenge, but a rewarding and fascinating insight into the roots of many modern languages. Thanks to my classical education, I have acquired a sound grammatical knowledge, invaluable for studying any foreign language.
I can offer:
- A beginner’s course to understand the basic principles of Latin grammar
- An elementary course to build on previous knowledge and read some classics
- A more proficient course to read original classic authors
- Help with GCSE, including language, literature and Roman culture
- Translation of inscriptions, mottoes, etc.